Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders

To: n5nj@gte.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:20:51 EST
In a message dated 11/10/04 7:35:30 AM Central Standard Time, n5nj@gte.net
writes:

> A single op soliciting help in any form, either by requesting
> "cheerleading" or that his club work him only,  should cause his entry to be
> reclassified
> as multi-op.

Does this mean the single op's listed on page 29 of the NOV/DEC NCJ should be
reclassified as multi's?? (If you don't get NCJ, it is DX Contest activity
announcements)

Arguing what is "ethical" in contesting is a rough road, all we going to is
offend each other...it's a lot like arguing the "values" issues in politics.

Look, if you ask your club members to work you only, that is wrong. But, as a
club member, if I choose to do that, how can you hold the other station
accountable for MY choice to work him only. That, folks, is truly nuts.

Serious contesters depend on casual operators to survive. Don't get to deep
with these issues, the casual guys will stop entering.

Guys, we need to remember this is HOBBY, it should be FUN!

73-Chuck KI9A