Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:21:39 -0500
"Tom Osborne" <w7why@charter.net> wrote: "In the cw contests, make it a rule
that all exchanges have to be sent at 5 wpm or less.  That would REALLY
increase casual
participation."

I suspect that 5 wpm is a bit slow, even for me! While I totally understand
the "need for speed", there also comes a time to "slow down, in order to go
faster"! What has been gained if the exchange is sent at a speed higher than
the "other station" can copy, and several repeats are required? I have a
"general" rule of thumb: "If I call you, I try to match your speed, even if
it requires listening to several contacts to make sure I have it correct! If
you call me, please, especially if you want to be "in the log", call at my
speed"! Several stations, during SSCW, will be surprised that they are "not
in the log", simply because they failed to "slow down", when asked for a
repeat!

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW