Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again

To: "Rick Bullon" <kc5ajx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:29:36 -0800
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:27:24 +0000, Rick Bullon wrote:

>Hey Bill
>This can be done with just 1 rig an IC-7800  and I could be wrong but I
>think the older Yaesu  1000 series rigs and the Kenwood 950 had a sub
>receiver so you could listen to 2 bands. So if an contest op had one of
>these rigs would he be SO1R or SO2R????

SO2R.  You're confusing how many boxes are on the desk with how many
receivers there are.  Those rigs have two receivers.

The defining element with SO2R is the ability to listen on another
receiver WHILE YOU ARE TRANSMITTING.  If you can do that, you are
SO2R, regardless of how many boxes you own.

--
Bill W6WRT