Re: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:58:36 -0800
Rich, NN3W wrote:

> I just downloaded this program, and I agree with Tom, its awesome.
>
> Very, very good trainer.  Comes with static, stupid operators,
> folks that try to take your freq over, and everything else you would expect.

Maybe VE3NEA's Morse Trainer should be renamed "Contest Trainer"? This is one cool little puppy & very realistic. I just *love* the QSB/"Arctic Flutter" signals...my favorite :-)

Unless I've missed something, if you press the Enter key too fast after the other guy sends his exchange *before* he does a serial number "correction", you can't edit the log. I sent VE3NEA a "Help" email about this last night.

Overall, what a great little tool for pre-contest warm-up on the airplane to a Contest-Pedition QTH, having some fun in the middle of the night when the bands are dead...or you're wiped out by BPL ;-(

73...

Rick, K6VVA