Re: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer
From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:58:16 -0500
Hi Rick,

> is it really a
> "mistake"...when the other station finishes sending the exchange and I'm
> trying to QRQ the whole process, only to then (after a short pause) hear
> "dit dit..dit dit"...or something like that and then a corrected
> number...*after* I've already QRQ entered the QSO?

My callsign happens to have the E letter in the middle of the suffix, and
about 20% of stations miss that letter. It is very frustrating when the
running station hits Enter prematurely and does not give me a chance to
correct the call. I send the correction anyway but, since many stations are
already calling, very often this has no effect. This is a matter of accuracy
vs. speed, and I vote for accuracy.

> Umh, one person asked if the Run drop-down could remain in place.  Why not
> indicate the Run mode (i.e., Display it) above the 00:00:00 time
> counter?

Currently the mode is shown right above the histogram. Pileup and Single
Calls are displayed in green, and Competition is in red and in capitals.

> In the Help | About dialog box...

> 73...
> Rick, K6VVA

Your other suggestions make perfect sense to me, I am putting them on my
to-do list.

Sorry for posting my replies to this forum, but my direct emails to Rick
bounce, and I have no other way to contact him.

73 Alex VE3NEA