RE: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Awesome Morse Trainer
From: "George Harlem W1EBI" <w1ebi@lightband.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:46:55 -0500
Fantastic program, Alex, but as I wrote in the email to you, not being
able
to correct a mistake is a bit frustrating.  But is it really a
"mistake"...when the other station finishes sending the exchange and I'm

trying to QRQ the whole process, only to then (after a short pause) hear

"dit dit..dit dit"...or something like that and then a corrected
number...*after* I've already QRQ entered the QSO?  In other words, if
I'm
faster at entering a QSO than the other (automated) station is at
realizing
he has sent me the wrong serial number, should I be penalized...even
though
I *WANT* to make the correction???
In spite of computer-assisted operation, contesters are human.  In ARRL
SS I had a software glitch that a couple of times sent the wrong serial
number, so after the exchange was sent by N1MM Logger, I hit the paddle
for a string of dits and sent "NR xxx NR xxx" to correct the error.  The
other op QSL'd.  I hear you, but I think the intent is to copy what the
other op sent, even if it was a correction.  My log was submitted with
the correct serial number, not the one sent in error by the software.

George W1EBI