[CQ-Contest] Noisy shack? Here's the cure

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Noisy shack? Here's the cure
From: dennis o'connor <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:19:43 -0800
A high dollar, but effective solution, is ANR (electronic noise canceling) headsets for aircraft... I have the Lightspeed headsets for my plane, 20XL and Twenty 3G models... As soon as you turn on the electronics the shack gets so quiet that you have to:
1. Turn the receiver volume down because it's way too loud...
2. Every once in a while lift one earpiece to convince yourself that the blower on the amp is still running...
3. Look for the lint on the furnace vent waving to be sure the furnace is still running...

So, if you have a buddy who has a noise canceling headset, borrow it, you will be amazed...\

denny - k8do