Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++

To: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:50:52 -0000
Eric,
My setup is not exactly the same (FT1000/FT990, Top Ten Band Decoders
and Six Ways, NQN bandpass filters, homebrew SO2R audio switching).
However, I have one related suggestion:
Connect your Band info decoders to the radios, not the computers.
Why?  Suppose you want to do a little operating and the computer is
not turned on.  Your antennas won't switch.  Let the radios supply
the band info.  Don't require an extra loop where it's not needed.
73,
Barry W2UP