Re: [CQ-Contest] Remembering the BEST TIMES at Multi-MultiOperations....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remembering the BEST TIMES at Multi-MultiOperations.....
From: Craig Cook <craig.n7or@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:11:58 -0800
After W7RM station was located in LaCenter, I visited as a member of
the Cascade Contest Club. We held a meeting there. I met the person
who was in charge of lining up operators for the multi operations. He
took my phone number, was I ever excited! Knowing that I would be
lucky to even get any time, and understanding that I would probably
have to do some work at the station to eventually earn any time at
all, I was still excited. He never called. I saw him maybe a year
later, at a WVDXC club meeting. He said he kinda remembered I was
interested in operating, but did not have my number. I gave it to him
again, but was obviously somewhat less excited this time. He didn't
call. Again. I did get to look at the station once, however. It was
better than anything I could ever afford, I still wonder what it would
be like to operate from somewhere like that. The days of encouraging
newcomers to join in were long gone by then, I'm guessing. Certainly
they are history now. Oh well. Memories.
N7OR