[CQ-Contest] Remembering the BEST TIMES at Multi-Multi Operations.....

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remembering the BEST TIMES at Multi-Multi Operations.....
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:44:13 -0500
  I have been part of many M/M operations over the years but I think the most
interesting was the K3UA operations we did in the ARRL June VHF contest back in
the early 90's (?) The operator list
was not a list of guys that you associate with VHF contesting but with HF
contesting. Some of the operators who were there that I remember were
K3LR,N2NC,KA2AEV,WW2Y,K3UA,N8VW,WD8IXE(N8SM sk), KD8NS(now W4EF),
K2WI,N3RA,KR2J(now N5NJ), N2NT, KU8E and probably some others I left out.....
Man ,this would of made a pretty good M/M team for CQWW let alone a VHF
contest. We put up a pretty big station, FD style, on top of a mountain near
Williamsport, PA.

I remember K3LR would show up with a 6 meter station setup in back of a U-haul
and I think a horse trailer another year and we would disconnect the coaxes and
he would drive off shortly after the contest ended. We also had a crank-up 100
foot tower on a trailer one year. This was my first exposure to a serious VHF
operation...  I didn't even know what a loop yagi was before this !!!

The lasting memory was the friendships I made.... There can be a lot of slow
times in a VHF contest and sometimes it would turn into a "mini" Dayton suite
with us all discussing HF contesting.
Also it was during one of these operations that N2NT came up with the "kuwati"
nickname !!!!
What a fun time !!!

73 , Jeff  KU8E