Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz

To: <ve3ii@zing-net.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz
From: "Albert Crespo" <f5vhj@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:40:33 -0000
Tom,
"Several marine radio manufacturers have
now specified 14.300 as a marine emergency frequency and written
it in the manuals for their new radios."
Sounds like commercial interests have decided that 14300 is now for their
customers, and not an amateur radio frequency. Perhaps these users are
really not amateur radio operators and could not figure out how to use
another frequency if they had to?
Since there are no contests on 17 meters, there would be no QRM from this
activity to this net. Indicating that ever moving the net to that band
"would place lives in danger", well that is really rubbish.
You want an exclusive frequency to do what you want to do, that is not
granted in my license, nor in yours.
I was asked by NN2NN to move because I was on 14298. He asked in a very
polite way. I moved . After reading your pious position, I will think twice
about it.
73, Albert