Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz

To: "Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz
From: "Rich Gelber" <k2wr@njdxa.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:25:12 -0500
The essence of the problem is two sentences contained within VE3II's
message:

"Unlike contesting, what we do on 14.300 is serious, life and death work.
We don't
collect points, we don't go for the rare ones, we save lives."

The message is that what they do is more important than what we do.  I'm not
going to debate this, other than to point out that the Contest Reflector is
probably not the best place to spread this message.  What bothers me is
that, if what they do is more important than what we do, why do they do it
in the middle of what we do, when other spectrum is available?