Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz

To: swojton@wzrd.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz
From: "n6ki@juno.com" <n6ki@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:24:01 GMT
Whoops! Posted this to wrong thread...just wan't to make sure that
NN2NN and VE3II don't miss this shread of wisdom....

 Wow! What a pis*ing contest and waste of bandwidth we have
 going here re the 14.300 thread.

 OK..let's see

 The 14.300 guys aren't moving

 The contestors will continue to inadvertantly interfere with
 the guys on 14.300

 There are other avenues to use if have have a boat and if you
 have an emergency...

 The contesters CAN NOT move to 17 mtrs

 THE 14.300 guys CAN EASILY MOVE !!

 WOW !....What ..what a viable solution !

 Well, IMHO, the sooner the 14.300 guys start ...and yes. it
 could take a couple years to get the Maritime traffic over to
 17 meters the, the sooner the 14.300 Maritime Net guys will
 be able to pass traffic without having to waste time driving
 off wayward contestors !

 ...and just think...in 5 years when we are on the upside of
 the sunspot cycle and contesting IS growing,....the guys on
 14.300 will have even MORE interference to deal with.

 ...But..in 5 years ...the Maritime net could be running just
 fine, with minimal interference on 17 mtrs. Reprogram some
 radios, retune the backstay for 17 mtrs...put out a few
 bulletins in ham journals ...and even Gordon West could
 promote 17 mtrs and still make a good living...

 Sounds relatively straight forward to me.

 73, Dennis N6KI