Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:50:52 -0000
UA9CDC wrote

<Accepting the fact that your word is not enough of validation of your
identity you put your word lower then some piece of paper which
lowers your self esteem. This is harder thing to restore if damaged.
Is it worth while when we talk about hobby which does not put
someone's life in jeopardy.>

Igor is 100% correct. It's a hobby, it's not national security, it's not
bank credit, it's not a passport, it's a h-o-b-b-y. You want my log?; you
can have it. You want me to jump through hoops?; sorry I don't do hoops. You
got a fake DXCC on your wall?; that don't impress me much, I could care
more. You win a contest? I begin to be impressed, and I bet you didn't jump
through any hoops to get there did you, you just worked hard, right?

73

Clive
GW3NJW