Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC

To: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:45:22 -0500
Here is another place that we disagree. Operators that claim to be
somewhere or someone that they are not are cheating all of us. Why wait
till later (after they have a trunkfull of green stamps) to find this out.
By having to validate who I am, I am not made to feel like I am suspected
of cheating. I am made to feel like my identity is worthy of recognition.
When I apply for credit at a bank I expect them to validate my ability to
pay it off. And that is only money. When I am accepting or giving
validation for a contact made with another amateur that involves my
character. This is a harder thing to restore if damaged.