Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC
From: Steve IK4WMH <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:11:22 +0000
Hello K4IK,

JSK> hope that ARRL can eventually reach an agreement with other
JSK> national societies to make that checking more convenient to those
JSK> outside North America.

You, as a US ham, can simply ask for a certificate and receive a
postcard.

I am already on ARRL file since I had my cards checked for the DXCC
award in the past years, so I'd like to be able to simply ask for a
certificate for my callsign and receive a postcard mailed to the
address they used to send me DXCC papers at.

Simple like that, why not?

I must also admit that I am kinda reluctant to join LoTW since when I
read about the fees they charge.

I was used to have my 120 qso's checked for 20 usd yearly at a local
DX meeting, now I've learned that with LoTW I'll have to add 24 usd
making that a grand total of 44 usd...wow, that's more than doubled!

I guess I'll not join LoTW until the league will ease the certificate
request procedure for foreign hams and lower the rates so that I don't
have to spend more than twice to have my 120 qso's checked every year.

Just my 2 euro cents.

Famous Sport Quotes:

"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang
 in the air for even longer"
David Acfield