Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>,"Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 16:53:45 -0000
Hi Bill: Yes it should not count even if you blew it. I've been at this almost
50 years so I go back to the time before computers. Over the years I've had
cards returned marked not in the log when I'm 110% sure I worked the guy. In
those days the excuse was "couldn't read my handwriting", today it is "I typed
it wrong". No matter what the excuse it is still not a match. The log is the
final determining authority and that is one of the reasons I'm so 'high' on
LOTW. Once we start post-editing logs whether they be contest or expeditions
then we have begun a slide down a slippery slope. If we begin questioning the
integrity of the log then contest wins and DXCC become meaningless. In the
modern age of cabrillo and LOTW if I get a contest certificate or DXCC it's
real, it has integrity because the logs match.
If it doesn't match it's not a contact.
73

MAL                 N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ