Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000MP

To: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000MP
From: "John Geiger" <ne0p@lcisp.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:05:12 -0000
I can remember when the Icom 751A was THE contest radio to have.  Icom
really continued to dominate the market with the 761 and 765, but then dual
receive radios came out.  I think Yaesu really regained the market with the
FT1000D, because it was the only radio that would allow dual receive on 2
different bands.  The Icom rigs (781, 775, 756) didn't even allow for dual
receive on different modes or with different filter widths in each receiver.
But they did have the bandscope.  And the Kenwood TS950SDX was very
difficult to set up and use in dual receive, from what I have read.

Still, if you want a single receive contest radio, the best used buys are
probably the Icom 765 and the Kenwood TS850.

73s John NE0P