Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: RES: M/2 Rule

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: RES: M/2 Rule
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:11:30 -0500
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 06:36:09AM -0300, PY5EG wrote:
> In my personal opinion the lock out is the only real way to prevent the
> break in the rules specially in big MM stations when operating as M/2.

I agree with Oms.

Unfortunately, it's apparently OK to violate this rule,
at least in phone SS. Last year, several stations reported
hearing the winning multi-op simultaneously on more than
one band. We could hear the other ops shouting out reports
from other operating positions while we copied our own.
They could also be heard on two receivers on two different
bands simultaneously.

If they had a lock-out, it wasn't working properly. It may
have been a mistake, but it happened repeatedly. They were
not DQ'ed, and instead were rewarded with the winning trophy.
I guess we'll have to configure for multi-multi this year
if we want to compete in phone SS.

-Kirk  K4RO