Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Multi-Single Rule

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Multi-Single Rule
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <afrugoli@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:47:32 -0400
While not an identical contest, the CQWW RTTY contest rules from
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/RTTY%20Rules%2020057105.1.pdf  are very
clear on this issue.  It would be helpful if the CQWW CW/SSB rules were
this clear.  Look at the first sentance of section 2(a).  Clear as can be.

73 de Al, KE1FO

2. Multi-Operator (All band operation only)
(a) Single-Transmitter: Only one transmitted signal at any
time. Limited to six band changes in any clock hour (0 through
59 minutes). For example, a change from 20 meters to 40 meters
and then back to 20 meters constitutes two band changes.
Violation of the six-band-change rule will result in reclassification
to the Multi-Multi category. Two power categories: Low
Power (150W or less) and High Power (greater than 150W).
Exception: One and only one other band may be used during
the same time period if and only if the station worked is a new
multiplier. Violation of the six-band-change rule by either transmitter
will result in reclassification of the entry to the Multi-Multi
category.

Bill Turner wrote:

>At 06:56 PM 9/12/2005, Randy Thompson wrote:
>

>>"1. Single Transmitter (MS): Only one transmitter and one band permitted
>>during
>>any 10-minute period, defined as starting with the first logged QSO on a
>>band.
>>Exception: One-and only one-other band may be used during any 10-minute
>>period
>>if-and only if-the station worked is a new multiplier. Logs found in
>>violation of the 10-minute rule will automatically be reclassified as
>>multi-multi."
>>
>>Read carefully, it says you have one transmitter operating under the
>>10-minute rule for band changes.  Then you can have another band
>>(transmitter) that can work multipliers that has its own 10-minute rule.
>>Nothing about only one transmitted signal between the two.
>>
>>While it could be worded much clearer, all of the CQ multi-single operations
>>I have participated in have had two transmitters (sometimes transmitting at
>>the same time).
>>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>As I read it, the "exception" is for another band, not another transmitter.
>In other words, you may use your one and only transmitter on a second band
>for a new multiplier. Regardless of how I try to stretch the
>interpretation, I can not see where two transmitters are allowed. Is this
>incorrect?
>
>73, Bill W6WRT

73 de Al, KE1FO
www.ke1fo.info