Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 ponters for CQWW

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 ponters for CQWW
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:16:05 EST

In a message dated 11/29/05 8:49:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Cqtestk4xs@aol.com writes:

Hey, the  rules for WPX were changed to
allow points for WPX and that is a great  contest.  Why not CQWW?

-------------------------------------

In CQ WW there are six multipliers available for working your own  county.
Maybe it will also be easiest to get your own zone by working your own
country.
 So you suck it up and work half a dozen zero pointers, and maybe  pass out a
few more to others.

In WPX there are hundreds of multipliers available in your own country (at
least in the USA).
This means you can spend hours working zero-point multipliers, and if you
have a good prefix you'll spend hours working guys who need you but who are of
no value to your score.  The rules were changed to remedy this  problem.

I had fun with this situation back in the days of the zero point same
country qsos.  I'd work as many USA guys as I could and then submit  a score
like
150 - 140 - 0.  (Qsos - mults - score).

I think I once made it to 200 qsos in the zero score category.  AFAIK  the
all time record in that class was held by the esteemed Dr. Bafoofnik,  W9XR.
It's a record that now will never be broken  :>)

73  -  Jim   K8MR