Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 pointers for CQWW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 pointers for CQWW
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:35:11 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Kelly Taylor wrote:

> For the good of contesting, I would suggest we just hold our nose and
> swallow gracefully the zero pointers. How many zero point callers do you get
> when your DX rate is high? How many come when you've hit a lull in CQing? If
> it comes on a CQ when you would not have worked a DX anyway, what's the
> cost?
>
> Heck, even in ARRL DX, I just work the guy, say 73 and move on. It's
> simpler, faster and more gracious than trying to explain the intricacies of
> the contest.
>
> 73, kelly
> ve4xt

Yep, happens every year, particularly in ARRL DX SSB on Sunday morning.

It's an almost sure bet that these same USA stations I've worked to get
them off the freq calling me will send me a QSL, too.  So I always keep
two versions of the logs - one with the calls of the USA stations I've
worked and one with them removed, for log submittal.

73, Zack W9SZ