Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires Only

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires Only
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:45:56 -0500
  If you limit the size of the area you can put up your wire antennas you would
eliminate competing against someone
who has something big like a rombic antenna farm. I would allow all types of
wire antennas (wire beams, phased verticals etc..) as long as they fit into the
required area.

The whole idea is to give someone who is hardware limited by their budget or
new to contesting to have a chance to win something.  Wires cost a fraction of
a towers/beam antenna farm and I would think would be within everyones' budget.

73, Jeff KU8E

KU8E Wire Antenna Farm :

160: Inverted L - 50 ft vertical
80:  Inverted L
40 :  67 foot zepp/ 50 ft  , wire vertical/ 4 elevated radials
20:   67 foot zepp/ 50 ft , Dipole SE/NW 50 ft
15:   67 foot zepp/50 ft
10:   67 foot zepp/50 ft , dipole SE/NW 50 ft