Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires Only

To: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires Only
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:32:41 -0500
This is all fine, but let us please eliminate the 10,000 plus categories
that we seem to be coming up with in contests.

WPX: TB Wires, Single Op, Low Power, 40 meters, assisted.

YUCK!

Too many categories.

I'm starting to liken contesting to marathon running.  There is the overall
champion, and then there are category winners (e.g., under 18, 18-25, 25-40,
40-60, and 60+.  When you start adding 25-40 with Nike Air Shoes and tight
shorts, the lines of winning begin to blur,

73 Rich NN3W