Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires Only

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires Only
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:17:45 -0500
While I don't like the "wires only" approach, I do like Jeff's idea of
space limitations. My lot is 144ft  x 40ft and the zoning regulations
prohibit towers.

However, I do have a couple of wires (160 inv-L, an 80/40 OCF dipole and
some receive antennas) and a F12 C-3SS 6 ft off my roof on a quad mount.

For the cynically minded urban dwellers and those living near broadcast
or other radio transmission facilities, how about a 'noise' handicap.
I'd have a huge head start here in DC, where from my house I see (and
hear) all of the broadcast towers, which also house radios for all of
the metropolitan area fire and rescue and law enforcement services, not
to mention all of the seemingly innumerable federal services!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC