Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty" by K3BU

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty" by K3BU
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:10:18 -0500
VE6SV said:

> Log checkers determining my score and not me - in my opinion is not
> the best.  Having log checkers "judge" a claimed score -
> better or best.

I guess I'm not equal to the conversation, Gord.  What is the difference?
You don't determine your score anyway, you only submit what you think it is.
Your text above reads like you think a log checker should look at your
submission and say.  "Hmm...I feel that Gord's claimed score is too low.
Let's increase it about 3%, shall we?"

Help me understand what you're really saying.  The log checkers have the
best tools ever and are using them well.  If nobody cheated it would only be
a matter of cross-checking accuracy.  However, there's obviously more to it
when people cheat.  I don't mind losing to someone who did a better job,
but I certainly don't want to be beat by an undetected cheater.

Mark, N5OT