Re: [CQ-Contest] [Bulk] Calling Out Needed Sections - SolicitingContacts

To: "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Bulk] Calling Out Needed Sections - SolicitingContacts?
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 22:59:08 -0000
Hi Ward et al,

To me, a request for the spotting of a section is not soliciting a contact.
Soliciting a contact would be me asking you to be on freq X at time Y.
Asking for the spotting of a section or mult is merely that... if you hear
one, please spot it. No different than a normal spot. It's then up to me to
find the station, hear him and work him. That's never a guarantee but to
sked a contact... well, that's exactly that. A sked. That is why I refrained
from responding to those requests for my section. I think the only way to
cut out any of this is to cut out the cluster itself but, I think we're
pretty naive if we think that'll happen.

That's my take on it but I'm always open to other viewpoints.

73 -- Paul VO1HE