[CQ-Contest] section names, SD v SDG

To: "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] section names, SD v SDG
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:06:41 -0500
I had a number of "sixes" send their section as SD.  I automatically converted
that to SDG until I realized that one of the sixes I was working probably was,
I recalled, in South Dakota, so I logged it as SD, which is what he sent.  Now
I wonder about those couple before that that had send SD -- were they in South
Dakota or in San Diego.  Oh well.  If I lose a couple QSOs that won't kill me.
In hindsight, I realize whenever I hear SD sent and it's not a zero, and
particularly if it's a six, I have to ask for clarification, "SDG?"

73 - Rich, KE3Q