Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

To: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 05:42:41 -0000

> Had they called the category something other than "assisted" (what, I
don't
> know... in SS they call it "unlimited" but that too causes some
interesting
> assumptions), we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Just to educate myself, I ran this weekends SS Phone in the "Single Op
Unlimited" mode with an RF packet feed.

After that experience, I don't know why we worry about it!  Rather than
"Single Op Unlimited", they ought to call it "Single Op Distracted".  I
think my score actually suffered scurrying around for mults that without
exception later fell into my log anyhow on my run QRG's.

73 es beep beep, de Hans, K0HB