Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] QRM in DX Window

To: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] QRM in DX Window
From: Ron Rossi <kk1l@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:27:32 -0500
An exert from http://www2.arrl.org/contests/hf-faq.html:

c) Band plans
.
Band plans are just that - plans. They are designed for normal
circumstances when band loading is much lighter than during a contest.
During major contests, the bands will be very crowded, resulting in
conditions that the band plan is not intended to address. Avoid willful
interference and be as courteous as possible to non-contest QSOs within
the limits of the contest rules and licensing regulations.

Calling frequencies are also intended to allow stations to find their
peers under customary circumstances. During a contest, be aware of where
the calling frequencies are, but if no contacts are going on there, you
have every right to try and make contest QSOs.

<end quote>

73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont
My page: http://www.intergate.com/~kk1l