Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:37:11 -0800 (PST)
> Come on guys, GST (get your s**t together) and knock off the database
> stuff.  If I send my check during SSCW as 93 and you hear it as 93, but your
> database says 94, which are you going to believe?

This is *really* funny.  It reminds me of the people that listen to their
automobile GPS's when they say "turn left here" and end up driving on to
somone's lawn. <giggle>

Rick said, "I don't see anything unethical, impractical or annoying (at least
to me) about it. If a contest sponsor were to outlaw pre-fill databases for a
particular contest, I would, of course, observe the rule."

And such is the voice of reason.  When a sponsor says so...I will as well.

As Hans has said in the past, "That which is not outlawed is required."

Regards,
Ev, W2EV