Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Calls

To: nielsen@oz.net, CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Calls
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:41:08 EST

In a message dated 2/23/2007 8:13:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nielsen@oz.net writes:

Normal  calls in Dominica use a digit in addition to the J7 prefix,
e.g.,  J79Z, J75KG, J79GU, to mention a few from my logs.  While other
special calls (normally issued for contests) have had no digit after
the prefix (the 7 is part of the prefix) and a single letter suffix,
J7OJ was issued specially as a tribute to K4OJ  (SK).

Bob,

I also was issued J7A back in 2002 or 03 for WPX CW.  The J7  authorities
were reluctant to issue a call without two numbers since that had  never been
done before, but I convinced them citing J3A and J6DX as examples  issued by
their neighboring islands.  It worked - I broke their code,  hi.

73, Geo...K5KG / J75KG / J7OJ
http://www.aol.com.