Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:29:35 -0500
Mike:

I don't think the rule makers need to address remote ops.  Heres why in
two simple points:

1 - The FCC has a rule on remote stations and how they can operate
2 - The contest rule makers have addressed how stations can be used, ie
the 500m rule.  Some of the rules even state no remote receivers.

The term remote has everyone in a big frizzy. Some of this stuff (remote
receivers for example) has and always could be a problem.  If someone
wants to cheat they are going to cheat, theres nothing you and I can do
about it.  For example a station  could run 1500 watts but claim to be a
low power entrant, etc, etc.

Rich - N5ZC