Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs

To: k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs
From: Tack Kumagai <je1cka@chofu.jaxa.jp>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:19:05 +0900 (JST)
Hi Dave

Your guess might be correct.
I believe there are no good way to keep the JA contest acitivities high.
JA licensee has been going down to nearly half in these past 10years.
However, there had been good JA acitivities while I was in Layang
Layang Is as 9M4SDX.

Most big JA Club stations at University like JA1YFG/JA2YKA/JA3YKC/
JA9YBA have not enough club members for Multi/Multi. They tried to
recruit their new members hard in every April (new season will
start Apr here) but with no luck in recent years. Most young guys
are not interested in hamradio so no new blood into the contest
past years.

Tack KUMAGAI JE1CKA

In message "Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs"