Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs

To: CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs
From: Dave Lawley <g4buo@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:18:39 +0000
I've noticed the same thing here in western Europe: the JA runs have all
but dried up, and it's not simply explained by the sunspot cycle.

However, when running the big special event stations M2000A, GB50,
GB200T, GB150VC, we still get called by hordes of JAs. Somehow, they
seem to have lost interest in contesting but still love to work the
rarer calls. That explains why JA pileups from HC8 are still big.

Anyone know why they have shifted away from contesting?

Dave G4BUO