Re: [CQ-Contest] Getscores, 3830, and cherrypicking

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Getscores, 3830, and cherrypicking
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:13:54 -0800
Jim wrote:

> One thing I know for sure, if the postings are delayed until the log
> submission date, the activity will become of very low interest as the
> "raison d'etre" for 3830 is the short term feedback on the scores and the
> comments.

I have to agree with that.  It is fun to read the feedback comments for the
newest contest, but when postings are made that are 4  or 5 contests back,
they are not as interesting.

Looking at the results from friends efforts and what they have to say is
what makes 3830 fun!  I say leave it the way it is.  If someone wants to
cheat, they will figure a way.  73Tom W7WHY

Tom W7WHY