Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs in 2008 Russian DX Contest

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>, "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs in 2008 Russian DX Contest
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 03:55:27 +0500
WM5R wrote:
>I've never operated the RDXC before, and I'm not sure what it would take
>for me to develop an interest in it, but without a true single operator
>category, and falling so close between two more important phone
>contests (ARRL DX and CQ WPX) it's just not that enticing.

How about the fact that number of submitted logs (and therefore number of
participants) in RDXC is greater then in WPX and a way more then in ARRL?
How about the fact that  RDXC worth more points for would be  WRTC 2010
participants then any of the two more important contests?
How about statistics data on RDXC web site that gives one a lot more food
for thoughts then any other contest in the world?
Just check www.rdxc.org and give it a try this year and then share with us
your impressions. That may help RDXC sponsors to make their contest even
better. Nothing prevents you from participating without use of DX cluster
and comparing you results with like minded or better yet beat those who used
cluster.

 73, Igor UA9CDC

BTW ARRL is really boring from here. I had an access to the best setup in
Asiatic Russia with high stacks on every band from 40 and up and 3 el full
size for 80m to work in ARRL this year and last year. I could not make more
then 500 QSO in 48 hours. Still I do take part in this contest just to
support it. RDXC should be a lot more interesting from the US because of 24
hours format, both modes and being truly World Wide, where everybody allowed
to work everybody and not just one country to which you have openings just
for 2-3 hours a day.