Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:54:37 -0400
Paul,

While the rule may be obsolete, which is a different argument altogether...
it is the rule.  That IS the point, pure and simple.

It is ultimately up to the CQ WPX Contest Committee to decide what sanctions
(if any) are appropriate, and how they should be applied.  And I don't
recall any members of that committee publicly asking for comments.

We can debate amongst ourselves 'till the cows come home how serious the
violations are, or what penalities (if any) are appropriate, from a minor
wrist-slap (such as a "don't do it again" warning) to the most draconian
available (DQ).  And get everyone's dander up and create hard feelings.
Whether or not any of this will influence the committee in any way, shape,
or form remains to be seen.

73