Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: "'Robert Chudek - K0RC'" <k0rc@pclink.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:23:43 -0400
> As soon as you or the contest committee
> step into his shack and begin to divvy up the technology you
> find there, you have dragged your own personal biases into
> the classification.

Amen!

Amateur contesting is not a competition to see who copies CW
better than anyone else.  It is a competition to see who can
make the most contacts and work the most multipliers in a
specific time frame given the resources of the individual's
station.

If you want a competition based on pure copying skill, enter
the HSCW competitions.  Otherwise, keep your noses out of the
individual (single operator) station.