Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW

To: "John Geiger" <n5ten@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:43:14 -0400
I think the extra point is a factor but CW is the prefered mode to snag
mobiles in QSO parties because of the condx. Much easier to work the roving
mobiles on Cw than on SSB plus they tend to work CW a bit more than SSB
(condx allowing). I know the times I have operated in OQP as a mobile SSB
was a bust after only a few minutes on the band where rates would hold up
for a least 20-30 minutes on CW.

But then again -there are those points!!!!

Dan W8CAR