Re: [CQ-Contest] Repeating an idea from the 7QP soapbox...

To: Milt Jensen <n5ia@zia-connection.com>, <mjc5@psu.edu>, <kevin@rowett.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Repeating an idea from the 7QP soapbox...
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 19:27:58 -0600
Ok, now that there have been some very good suggestions... let me add my teeny
bark...
as it were.
1. Keep the rst ... use it as you want.. however.. it does some things for
folks... and can easily be ignored by those that desire to.
2. May it take a couple years.. to accomplish.. but how about... just think
about this... how about all the state QPs... having the same exchange.. keeping
the same date that they have now.. and at the end of the season.. (whenever
that were to be determined to be).. those that may want to.. send their very
own aggragate log.. with a total score.. with each QP keeping their own scoring
but when added together.. also keeping the scoreing... i.e. the aggragate log
is a list of Qs... and mults that apply only to that particular contest..
And just exactly what kind of bragging rights would the winner have of that?
Think about it...  consider it..... the log checkers would have a very large
data base to compare or cross check to see if station X actually made a Q with
Station Y at specified time.
But the math would only apply to the addition at the end... or the total
scoring added.
Total number of points... period. And that would pretty much do away with the
"black hole" theory... and all the rest of the pet peeves. Including those that
I don't even want to get close to. Now the best part. Next year... all I have
to do is remember what my last year's total was... had if this year is any
higher.... done deal.. who wins? Everyone.? who... aw never mind.
What think?--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy