Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW

To: Randy Thompson <k5zd@charter.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW
From: Michael Höding <hoeding@fh-brandenburg.de>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 20:49:49 +0200
If you like to see spots of a cw skimmer in DL during CQ WPX CW you can
connect the
_telnet _cluster _dl6mhw.dyndns.org_ Port _7071_

I will operate 3 SDR-RX during the WPX-Contest
  80 m with Long-Wire ->FUNKAMATEUR Kit
  40 m Vertical Delta Loop -> Softrock 6
  20 m with 2-El-Quad -> FUNKAMATEUR Kit

- every skimmer runs on a seperate computer.
- spots are feed into a normal (but local) dx spider cluster
- you can use the normal telnet connect of your logging program
  - for Win-Test you can start a second wtDXTelnet
- you can use the common sh/dx syntax for dx spider
- the skimmer spots are formatted for win-test bandmap

_If you are assisted this is just another cluster, as well when you are
multi operator. _

The goal of this experiment is the collection of data and experience.

Question:
1) how does my setup manage the huge number of strong signal?
2) how works the suppression of secondary frequencies?
3) how stable is the setup - how many manual restart etc?
4) what problems causes busted calls in real contest?
5) what is the numbers of calls/spots?

Have a look. The cluster is active now. There might be problems and
interrupts during the contest (I am not in front of the computers all
the time).

73 de Michael, DL6MHW