Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW
From: "doug smith" <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:59:35 -0500
On 5/23/08, Stan Stockton <k5go@cox.net> wrote:

> Randy Thompson said:
>
>>We can create hypothetical situations all day and try to
>> >define what the ruling would or would not be.  The
>> >contest sponsors can only work within the boundaries >of
>>the published rules and the evidence they have as to >what
>>happened during the contest period.
>
> Randy, sorry this is not hypothetical.  It is reality.  Are
> you saying that it is OK for someone to operate using my
> "hypothetical" scenario?

What if, while single-op, KJ4XYZ drives by my open window while
listening to the packet-to-voice repeater on 145.36 & I happen to hear
a spot for a needed mult?

What if, while single-op and having to ask for 3 or 4 fills on a weak
caller, someone with a much bigger signal sends the caller's call?

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66
http://www.w9wi.com

Seriously.  Do we actually DQ someone because, while doing something
permitted by the rules, someone else, without being asked, provides
unwanted outside assistance, which our protagonist doesn't use?

Do we create rules to prevent any way in which anyone might maybe
kinda possibly cheat?  (will it become impossible to download the 3GB
of WPX rules over dialup?)