[CQ-Contest] Use of di-di-dah-dah-di-dit in CW Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Use of di-di-dah-dah-di-dit in CW Contest
From: Tim Goeppinger <timgep@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 06:11:11 +0000
? (di-di-dah-dah-di-dit) at the guy who is running.  The other guy sends a
di-di-dah-dah-di-dit
right back at him!    Why?

I have seen this alot lately.  Is this rude, or just plain stupid?  Why can't
the runner just just send his call?
Wouldn't it be more efficient to send your callsign once, than have the S&Per
send his?

If I encounter this situation again when I am S&P, I really am tempted to keep
firing ?'s back , until they send their %*# callsign.

(steps down from soapbox)

73,

Tim K6GEP