Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: Randy Thompson <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:38:46 -0700
I think maybe you misconstrued my comment.  I never proposed nor meant
to constrain suggestions or comments on this topic.   I've found each
and every part of th discussion to be interesting, and I assume they are
all valuable to the contest sponsors in one way or another.  I simply
didn't agree that any special merit should be attached to those comments
that were "consistent", either with each other or with the past
evolution of rules.  I would have hoped that the contest sponsors would
choose to take all the various inputs and come up with category
definitions and rules that incorporate these new technologies in a way
that isn't merely a reaction to one of them.

I agree there have been few actual rule proposals submitted here ...
certainly no more than a handful and some seem of those to be only a
narrow response to the particular situation with CW Skimmer.   I
personally happen to like the one from N3BB, but the bottom line is that
I could live with almost anything that isn't ambiguous enough to be
stretched or twisted.

Dave   AB7E