Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:31:22 -0700
     I know the complaint today is about people who do not post to 3830
at all, but eventually we'll hear from people who think the post to
3830 needs to be done within an hour of the contest ending or something...

     I always like to add commentary to my 3830 postings, including listing
all the gear/antennas/etc. I was using for the contest.  I like to go back and
read my own posts from years past to see what I did, how the station I use
has changed, what mistakes I felt I made, etc.  And I like to put those
comments in my Cabrillo file as SOAPBOXs, and I never, ever post to 3830
without also taking the time to email in the log at the exact same time (I
am paranoid about doing one task and forgetting to do the other).  Sometimes,
I can't devote enough time to that whole process for several days.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com