Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 00:03:52 -0000
Whoa here: Mark I've been participating in contests longer than you have
been alive. We used to get by just fine before the advent of computerized
3830. Up to 20 years ago after a contest, if you felt like it, you got on
3830 and bragged/cry'd about your score. Today web 3830 is a more convenient
place to brag/cry about your score, but has no effect on the outcome of a
contest.
Here is my recommendation: This year for SS or CQDX the contesting community
do one of 2 things. Number 1 totally boycott 3830 or Number 2 everyone post
totally outrageous scores. Let us all make Mark's head explode.
My suggestions are as silly as a discussion about a mandatory posting to a
service that has no meaning in the outcome of a contest. The contesting
world does not revolve around 3830. 3830 is a service provided by WA7BNM and
nothing more. I for one enjoy/appreciate his efforts to provide some of the
scores much earlier than the contest sponsors.
Again just my -2cents worth......:-)
73

MAL
N7MAL