Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:45:34 -0600
Georgens, Tom wrote:
> I think it is unfair to question the accuracy or integrity of a log
> solely because the results are not posted on 3830.  However, I do
> consider it a breach of contest etiquette.  With the long lead-time to
> published results, 3830 has greatly facilitated the ability to get rapid
> feedback on one's performance, albeit preliminary.  To not post one's
> score should not diminish a competitor's accomplishment, however, it is
> a dis-service to rest of the competitors and reflects poorly on the
> individual
>
> 73, Tom W2SC

I think I am at least partially "to blame" for some people not posting scores
3830. A few years ago, I posted to CQ-Contest comparing 3830-posted scores to
the final results. Based on the e-mail I received, some folks didn't like their
score reduction (or category reclassification) being made so public.

I would like to see the log submission robot make its own claimed score
calculation, and that score posted to the "logs submitted" web site. Surely,
that wouldn't be a difficult add-on to the robot processing.

73,
Steve, N2IC