Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: "'CQ Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:50:39 -0000
Which high claimed score should be published?

The score the entrant puts in their Cabrillo file?  (some leave this field
blank and many are very wrong)

-or-

The raw score calculated by the log checking software?

The participants claimed score would be the most fair, but from observation
has the least accuracy or meaning.

The calculated raw score is the most accurate, but opens the possibility of
error rates being calculated and made public.

I think the 3830 mailing list does its job perfectly.  The people who want
to contribute their scores right after the contest can do so.  Everyone gets
an immediate feedback as to how people did, but we still get to have a
little bit of mystery of not knowing if there is another big score out
there.

Randy, K5ZD