Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 07:36:31 -0600
DL8MBS wrote:

> I wouldn´t go so far to raise bad thoughts against someone not posting
> to an unofficial body like 3830 - as interesting it is.
> A claimed scores list at the sponsor´s site after deadline, open logs
> and the percentage of subtracted points in the final scores list can
> help for enough disinfection - and this by the really relevant body of
> each contest - its sponsor.

In the past, the CQWW site has posted only received logs and their category,
not
claimed scores. The claimed scores posted by the ARRL are taken from the
CLAIMED-SCORE line of the Cabrillo file. That may be accurate, or not. At
WRTC-2006, I found it interesting that the log adjudicators were able to create
a "real" claimed score for each competitor within minutes of the end of the
contest using the submitted QSO's in the Cabrillo log.

73,
Steve, N2IC